"Bath Salts" AND DESIGNER DRUG BAN
Drug dealers use social networking sites to gain access to your young ones. Be on guard.
- Typically sold in smoke shops, mini-marts, liquor stores, and online.
- Also called plant food, jewelry cleaner, potpourri and sold as “Ivory Wave,” “Purple Wave,” “Vanilla Sky,” and “Bliss”.
- Laced with chemical compounds that produce a Meth or Ecstasy-like high when snorted, injected or smoked. Also touted as a cocaine substitute and said to mimic marijuana.
- The products are believed to contain Methylenedioxypyrovalerone, or MPDV, a chemical that is not approved for medical use in the United States.
- Users feel alert, euphoric, and more aware of their senses. Side effects include agitation, paranoia, hallucinations, chest pain, suicidal tendencies, seizures, psychosis, high blood pressure, kidney failure, flashbacks, extraordinary strength, and extreme panic attacks and suicide.